Seelsorger, A Journal for the Contemporary Cure of Souls, volume 2, contains essays from seven Lutheran pastors about the art of pastoral care. Topics range from sexuality to post-modernity, the conscience to the use of story, vice, virtue, and baptism and the dangers and blessings of a long-term pastorate. Each essay is introduced by Dr. Harold Senkbeil, and concluded with a brief meditation and prayer. For more information about Doxology, please visit www.doxology.us.
Here are the contents:
- Foreword, Harold L. Senkbeil
- The Use of Story in Pastoral Care, David C. Fleming
- Teaching the Conscience to the Youth: A Survey, C. Bryan Wolfmueller
- Vice, Virtue, and Baptismal Therapy in the Care of Souls, Lucas V. Woodford
- Marriage and Sexuality: Public or Private, Matthew E. Wurm
- Elemental Certainty in the Supper, Timothy J. Pauls
- The Long-Term Pastorate: Blessings and Burdens with Implications for the Care of Souls, Mark D. Barz
- The Role of Prayer with Blessing in Pastoral Care, Tyler C. Arnold
If you have a chance to digest content of the journal, please let me know what you think. It is the hope of all the Doxology fellows to promote the conversation regarding pastoral care.