Missionary Visit: Spain September 2018
I am very pleased to announce our Missionary Visit to Spain in September 2018. We’re looking for 30 folks to join us as we adventure around Spain, meet our missionaries, worship with the church there, study our Bibles, and rejoice that the Lord has spread his church around the world.
This trip is something different, an experiment in theological travel. This is not a mission trip; we won’t be hosting a VBS or building a house. We’ll wander around like all the other tourists and see the sights, but we’ll also make it a point to see the missionaries and hear from them about the work they are doing. We’ll worship with the Lutherans in Seville, and eat with them. At least 5% of the cost will go to support the mission work of establishing the church in Spain.
Dates: September 20-28, 2018
Stops include: Madrid – Seville – Granada – Valencia – Barcellona!
Cost: $3,316 (ground only, see inclusions in details)
Sign Up of the “I’m Interested” List
Here are the open spots:
|…more reservations needed until we are a “GO”!||…seats remaining|
DATES, DEADLINES, AND DETAILS
Included in the tour:
- Tour Book (including a journal, hymns, Scripture, etc.).
- Tour Director, the services of a professional, multilingual Tour Director will be provided throughout.
- Meals, eight continental breakfasts, one lunch, and five dinners.
- Quality hotels.
- Ground transportation: Motorcoaches are fully air-conditioned while touring.
- Sightseeing: Sightseeing as outlined in the itinerary with inside visits (including admission charges) and special features are shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description. Sightseeing with local guides where applicable.
- Tips for tour director, driver, porters, etc.
Dates and Deadlines
- May 23, 2018, $250 deposit due.
- July 17, 2018, final payment due and all travel arrangements must be made.
Here are the details…
Day 1 – 20 SEPT (THURS) – ARRIVAL IN MADRID, SPAIN
Welcome to Madrid! Meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner with wine at your hotel. (Dinner)
Day 2 – 21 SEPT (FRI) – MADRID
The capital since 1561, Madrid today is a strikingly modern city, the showcase of a country resolutely turned towards the future. Your Local Guide takes you to the Puerta del Sol, Plaza de España with its monument to Cervantes, the Parliament, Cibeles Fountain, elegant Calle Alcala, and Paseo de Castellana. Then, the highlight: a visit to the palatial PRADO MUSEUM with its priceless art treasures. Local missionaries will meet with you today at the hotel. (Breakfast)
Day 3 – 22 SEPT (SAT) – MADRID – SEVILLE
A scenic drive through the arid landscapes of Don Quixote’s La Mancha brings you to Seville, the vibrant, festive capital of Andalusia. (Breakfast, Dinner)
Day 4 – 23 SEPT (SUN) – SEVILLE
This morning visit a local congregation and your group will host a luncheon with the congregation this afternoon. Meet your Local Guide, and hear about the city’s role in Roman times, its conquest by the Moors in 712 AD, and its contribution to the discovery of the New World. Admire Maria Luisa Park, the Golden Tower on the Guadalquivir River, and the university that used to be the tobacco factory of Carmen fame. Also, visit the magnificent CASA DE PILATOS, a mixture of Moorish and Roman architecture with a splendid collection of Roman sculptures. Then, stroll through the narrow lanes of the charming SANTA CRUZ QUARTER. Tonight, enjoy an exciting and passionate FLAMENCO SHOW while savoring a typical Andalusian dinner. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 5 – 24 SEPT (MON) – SEVILLE – GRANADA
Sightseeing with a Local Guide features Granada’s main attraction: the ALHAMBRA COMPLEX. The mighty yet graceful citadel was planned by 13th-century Moorish ruler Al Ahamar. A fantasy of “lace in stone” surrounded by arabesque gardens and fountains, it affords superb views of the Old Quarter and Sacromonte, a mountain occupied by Gypsy cave dwellers. Also, amble through the magnificent WATER GARDENS OF THE GENERALIFE, the royal summer residence. (Breakfast)
Day 6 – 25 SEPT (TUES) – GRANADA – VALENCIA
Cross Mora Pass and pass troglodyte cave dwellings, hollowed out of the soft tufa stone, near Purullena and Guadix on your way to Valencia, once a royal capital. During your orientation drive, Valencia’s Roman, Moorish, and Spanish history come alive. Admire the magnificent La Seo Cathedral and enjoy free time to further explore the OLD TOWN. (Breakfast, Dinner)
Day 7 – 26 SEPT (WED) – VALENCIA – BARCELONA
Follow the coast to Barcelona, Spain’s second-largest city and host of the Olympic Games in 1992. (Breakfast)
Day 8 – 27 SEPT (THURS) – BARCELONA
Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Columbus Monument, Plaza de Cataluna, and Paseo de Gràcia. Visit the spectacular SAGRADA FAMILIA BASILICA, Gaudí’s masterpiece, followed by a panoramic view of the city and harbor from Montjuïc Hill. This afternoon, an optional excursion to Montserrat can be arranged, and this evening, enjoy a special farewell dinner with wine at a local restaurant to say adios to your traveling companions. (Breakfast, Dinner)
Day 9 – 28 SEPT (FRI) – DEPARTURE FROM BARCELONA
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (Breakfast)
SIGN ME UP!
The cost for the trip is $3,316. (Please note, this does not include airfare.) Single occupancy, add $400. Triple occupancy, reduce each by $29.
A $250 down payment is required to reserve your seat. (Add $229 for Travel Protection.)
Here is how to sign up:
- Send an email with your contact information. (email@example.com) Please include your full name, email, phone, and mailing address.
- Use the Secure Payment Portal: https://custom.globusfamily.com/payments/
- note 1: “Are you a new passenger” box. Check this box if this is the first payment made for this passenger; leave box blank if this is a payment toward an already booked passenger. If new passenger, please enter name as it appears on passport.
- note 2: In the comments section, please indicate full name of all passengers who payments should be allocated towards, and the amount for each (Ex: $1,000 to Sally and $500 to Jim). Please also indicate if part of the payment is for insurance.
- note 3: reservation number is the tour code: BJAY 80920
Terms & Conditions: Please refer to the Cosmos European or visit www.cosmos.com for a complete list of all Terms and Conditions that may apply to this tour. Payment of the deposit to Cosmos constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Dates, prices and itineraries are subject to change. Some more details about dates and deadlines are at the bottom of this page.